- Wednesday | 19/09/2018
- 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- 32 Maxwell Road, Maxwell Chambers #04-01, Singapore 069115
- +65 6827 9626
Fidelity Insurance & Crime – The Laws & The Flaws
In recent times, Fidelity Insurance has come into focus in the wake of series of white collar crime involving misappropriation by employees resulting in substantial financial losses to the employers and insurance companies which prove Fidelity Insurance cover. According to a Straits Times report in March this year, three employees of Keppel Club was convicted and jailed for cheating the club S$37.5m through an elaborate membership scam that span over ten years. We have also seen a case of an accounts executive who forged her boss’ signature on cheques and doctored bank statements over 61/2 years causing S$1.7 m loss to her employer.
The Fidelity & Crime Insurance Seminar aims to address the challenges face in underwriting Fidelity Insurance and the handling of this class of claim. Participants will benefit from the expertise and experience of our distinguished speakers from Underwriting, Claims, Loss Adjusting and Legal.
The program will include:
– Underwriting Challenges in Fidelity Challenges – Mr Joel Pridmore (Head of Financial Lines & Business Development, Munich Re Syndicate Singapore)
– Tracing Footsteps – The Detective Work in Fidelity Claims – Ms Gen Wong (Claims Manager Asia, CNA Hardy)
– Practical Issues in the handling of Fidelity Insurance losses – Mr Chan Hwee Seng (Chairman, Crawford & Company Intl)
– Fidelity Insurance Crime Law of Singapore – Mr Hamidal Haq (Partner, Rajah & Tann)
– Panel Discussion: Perspective & practicalities in handling underwriting and claims – Ms Jenny Lim (Head of Financial Lines, Howden) & all speakers
So please register early to avoid missing this very interesting session brought to you by SII. Contact SII for more information.